Friday, June 11, 2010

28 Weeks

We're officially in the third trimester. =) Zonino!

Sea Monkey weighs somewhere around 2 pounds, 4 ounces and is about 14.8 inches long. S/he's mostly just putting on weight now- the weight has doubled in the past month. =)

We have 12 weeks until the due date, plus or minus a couple for whenever Sea Monkey's ready to make his/her appearance. That feels like forever. It's only 84-ish days, but it just feels like it's dragging. The pregnancy up to this point feels like it's just sped by, but now that I'm in the final stretch, so to speak, it feels like it's dragging and September will never ever, ever be here. But hey. I've been hoping and dreaming and praying for this for 2 years, so what's another 3 months?

Zach got to feel the baby move more last night. =) They were distinct movements, too, and not subtle little kicks or whatever. It's been fun, sometimes the kicks are strong enough that my belly jumps to the side, like it's entirely independent from me. I keep hoping Mali will snuggle up with me and Sea Monkey will kick her through my stomach. It hasn't happened yet, but I think it'll be fantastically hilarious when/if it does.

We have childbirth class #3 tomorrow. And Tuesday is my next prenatal appointment. I have my glucose test then, and I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to eat carb-wise for the thing. I'm still really excited that I don't have to drink the sugar drink. I read in a Dr. Sears book about 2 months ago that the way doctors' offices do the glucose test isn't exactly accurate, because flooding your body with the sugar drink and then sitting for an hour isn't going to replicate the way your body normally processes sugar. I think that's what it said, it's been a while since I read it. But anyway, I get to eat a normal meal (with carbs), so my body's just going to be trucking along like normal before being tested.

Oh, earlier, I was running through the list of yoga poses we'd been given at childbirth classes; I was in the downward facing dog position, and Mali decided to come in and sprawl out on the floor underneath me. Then she started rolling around on her back (very dog like for a cat) and decided to attack my arm (y'know... one of the things that's keeping me from not falling... right on top of her). Then she moved, and about half a second later, there was this huge crack of thunder. It startled us, and Mali and I both jumped (which was a weird experience, being in the downward dog position). I ended up just kind of collapsing to my knees, but Mali jumped half way across the room and was glaring at the window like it had offended her. Then she slinked out of the room with her tail in the air. It was pretty funny, though.

I'm still feeling really well, for the most part. Mostly just tired. Val mentions at just about every appointment how well my body seems to be handling pregnancy, and I'm really praying that continues. =) It's frustrating not being able to sleep well (or comfortably) at night, but that's pretty minor, and I'm sort of used to being tired all the time anyway. I was tired through pretty much all of high school and college, because I went to bed late and got up early. But anyway.


Belly pic:


1 comment:

Bridellie said...

Ahh! Your belly looks so great!

For the meal, I (am giving unsolicited advice, and) would eat what you normally eat (with carbs). If your body is having trouble processing, it will show up. I wouldn't try to "trick" the test, because if your body is having trouble, then you'd probably want to know about it, right? Good luck! I know it can be nerve wracking!

So funny about Mali! I miss her, and her "ways". :)3

Copyright 2011
Welcoming Sea Monkey

Powered by
Free Blogger Templates