Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A California Recap

We got back yesterday- ...I think? - from our California vacation. It was a lot of fun, I'm so happy we got to go! I don't think I would recommend driving 1800 miles across the country with an infant, though. Just for future reference. Noah did fine for the most part, he slept a lot, but... it was a lot of work. We tried to do as much driving as we could at night, so we were both exhausted, even when we were trying to take shifts. On our way back home, Zach drove as long as he could while I slept, and then he needed me to take over. I was able to drive for a whole 45 minutes before I could hardly keep my eyes open and was praying for a rest stop to appear, like, now. We were both pretty exhausted. So... road tripping with a baby = tiring.

I love Grover Beach. The weather is perfect. And there's the ocean. Ah. And fro-yo. I don't really know what to say right now, mostly because I just read Susie's post about it and now I feel like I'm repeating everything. So...

I had so much fun. I loved getting to spend time with Zach's family. We hadn't seen his parents since Noah was itty bitty (not that he was ever particularly itty bitty).

We were in Grover Beach until the Friday after the 4th... whatever day that was. I lost all track of time during the trip. Friday night (I'm pretty sure it was Friday...), we headed down to Chino. Saturday we drove around town because it had been 2 1/2 years since Zach was last in Chino and lots of things had changed. Sunday morning, we went to church, Zach's parents were very happy to show Noah off to all their friends, and then Noah caught a cold. And then he gave it to me. And then I was all gross and mucusy for the next few days. And that was a week ago and I'm still a bit icky. I'm sure you're pleased to hear all about my mucus. *cough*

Tuesday or Wednesday we went to see Zach's Grandma. Now Noah's met all of his great grandparents except one (Great Grandpa C. in Washington).

At some point Wynette (Zach's mom) gave me the book Handle with Care (by Jodi Picoult) to read. And I was absorbed in that. I finished it yesterday. It was very good. Next time I go to the library, I want to check out My Sister's Keeper (also by Jodi Picoult).

Zach and I played on the Wii... We were both pretty obsessed with the swordfighting game. I hurt my arm with my enthusiasm at killing the little mii people.

Oh, before we went to Grover Beach and on our way back home, we stopped in Henderson (where we'll be moving in a few months!) and spent some time with Zach's brother Justin, his wife Krista, and their son Jake.

Thursday night, we went to a concert in the Chino community center or park or something. It was pretty fun, they had an 80's band playing. And there was this awesome old guy dancing like crazy off on the corner of the stage and that was pretty hilarious. He was having a lot of fun!

And of course Zach and I went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter. And that was epic. I was sad that it's over. But I'm excited for it to come out on DVD so I can finally -finally- buy the movies. I've been waiting because I just know there's going to be some sort of collector's set of them with special features and I want to wait to get that.

We left on Saturday, made it back to Vegas. Left there Sunday night and made it home at 5 AM on Tuesday morning.


 This is what Noah thought of the drive. I'm sure this is through Kansas or Eastern Colorado. Boring, boring, boring. 

Taking a break at the No Name rest stop in the mountains.
 I'm bored... So I eat my foot.
Noah and Jake! They're 2-3 months apart.
He looks like he was on some sort of self discovery quest. "my hand.... whoah."
Noah's taken to sleeping on his tummy now. I put him down on his back, he rolls onto his side, and a while later ends up like this.
The view from the house... 
 The view from my waist...
Shell beach


 Mason and Noah
On the Pismo Beach Pier
 We went to Windmill Farms. The goat liked us.
 4 Generations of Hammer menfolk
Noah, Mason, and Great Grandpa Hammer
 I discovered Instagram. I love this picture.
 Noah and Great Grandma Cooper

 Noah and Jake again. Noah pushed Jake around in that thing. They seemed to enjoy it.















What. A. Trip.

No comments:

Copyright 2011
Welcoming Sea Monkey

Powered by
Free Blogger Templates