Tuesday, July 17, 2012

16 week appointment

I love our midwife. She's awesome. Just wanted to throw that out there. =)

LB (Little Bug) is taking after his/her (his) brother and evading the Doppler as much as possible. But we kept hearing him move, and I felt him move every now and then. Kat (midwife) eventually got the heartbeat for a couple seconds- it was 155. Noah's was usually in the 145-155 range, I think. She kept commenting on how fast LB is; he'd dart around when she moved the Doppler.

Uterus measured 16, which is spot on (at 12 weeks, I measured 13). Blood pressure was a little high, but still ok. We went over the results of my bloodwork from a couple weeks ago, and Kat was super excited that my hemoglobin was 14. Apparently that's awesome and highly unusual. There were a couple minor things that showed up in the bloodwork to take care of- I'm losing (leaking?) trace proteins, and I'm not completely sure what that means, but Kat mentioned it could just be a dietary thing and recommended a couple things to do to take care of it. She mentioned the Brewer pregnancy diet, so I'm going to look into it. I also need to drink more water. I've been really bad about it this time around. I just lose track of time and get to the end of the day and realize I've only had 32 ounces of water. That's no good.

So I have a few things to take care of. Nothing big, and Kat said if we listen to our bodies like this and address problems, we have less chance of running into bigger problems down the road. I really like Kat. =)

Otherwise, I'm doing well. I have random moments when I feel sick, and I sporadically feel LB fluttering around. I love those flutters. I'm very excited to feel them more consistently. I've had a couple instances of heartburn and hip pain, but it hasn't been a big deal.

For the record, I think LB is a girl. But because boys are pretty much what this family has, I'm going to assume its a boy. And if it's a girl, we'll just be pleasantly surprised. =)

No comments:

Copyright 2011
Welcoming Sea Monkey

Powered by
Free Blogger Templates