Things are going beautifully. =)
Zach and I got there, did the pee thing, checked my weight, all the normal stuff. No protein in the urine (YAY!), weight is excellent (I'm now even with my pre-pregnancy weight), Zach gave me a dried apricot (I think?). There was a bowl of them on the table and he handed one to me and told me to eat it. So I did.
Went back, Val checked for the Elusive One's heartbeat aaaaaaaaand ta-da!!! There it was. It took a second, and Sea Monkey moved a couple times before we heard the heartbeat, but then Val got it. =) So Sea Monkey will not be grounded for being obstinate. Even though I'm feeling movement, it's still nice to finally have heard that heartbeat. =)
We talked about some stuff, I was wearing my wrist brace, so she asked about that (it's now recorded as a crocheting accident =) ), and then we went over my diet and exercise habits. I'm supposed to kick up my walking a little and I need to be getting more calcium. Val said Tums are an excellent source of calcium (but to take it with a full glass of water), so that works really well, since I need to take them fairly regularly for heartburn anyway.
She asked if I had been doing any reading on pregnancy, and Zach laughed. A lot. Because we just went to the library Saturday and I got an armload of books (he said I had checked out most of the library's books on pregnancy- I haven't! Not all of them.... Just... those 7 that I have. And I've checked out about 4 or 5 others before....). Pregnancy has been really interesting to me, so for the last 2 years, I've been reading a lot about it. Zach mentioned that we have Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, which I think is one of my favorite pregnancy books, and I've been reading some stuff by Dr. Sears and I've picked up a couple breastfeeding books. I like to learn more about things that are interesting to me, and pregnancy/childbirth/parenting is interesting. So I read and research. A lot. =)
I think that's about it. Blood pressure was great (104/48, I think), Val likes the way my weight has been, my belly is obviously growing, my uterus is where it should be... Things are going well. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is great news Heidi!!!!
Love you!!!
Dad
Post a Comment