Saturday, April 10, 2010

Zach's birthday (with pictures!)

First off, the 19 week bump picture, since I neglected to post it yesterday:

I didn't think there was much of a change between this week and last week, but Zach thinks it's getting big. Cool. =)
Today is Zach's birthday! We started the morning off with some (decaf) hazelnut coffee, which is pretty gourmet for us. But it was decaf, so it wasn't as amazing as regular coffee (we got decaf because of Sea Monkey). But it was still delicious. Then Zach decided he wanted to go out to eat for his birthday, so we went to HuHott (Mongolian buffet- pretty much a big stir fry place; it's delicious).

And they gave us a free s'mores platter for dessert since it was Zach's birthday.


We ended up with more graham crackers and marshmallows than we did chocolate, so we made a monster cookie with the remains.



It was pretty massive. And messy.

So after eating, we went to see How to Train Your Dragon. It was really good; I was surprised. I hadn't seen any previews for it or anything, so I wasn't sure what to expect, aside from a kid's movie, but it was good. And the dragon, Toothless, was pretty much my cat in dragon form, with similar personalities. Toothless would do something in the movie and Zach and I would look over at each other and say something like "he's like Mali!" At the end, the main character (Hiccup) was sleeping and woke up to find Toothless sniffing his face, and I've woken up with Mali sniffing my face dozens of times. So that made the movie really fun. Also, Sea Monkey was moving around quite a bit during the movie, so that was really exciting too. =)

After the movie, we went to the Shelter Gardens (the garden outside the place where Zach works) and walked around a bit. A lot of the trees are blooming (including the magnolias, which are my favorite flowering tree), so it's really pretty right now. There are a few daffodils out too. And the weather was pretty much perfect today, so it's been really nice.

So after gallivanting around the garden for a bit, we headed back home and Zach spent some time working on his bike. I don't know if I've mentioned it on here or not, but he put an engine on his bicycle. It's how he's planning on getting to and from work, since our car is not reliable (although it is working now). And it has way better gas mileage than the car, too, which is nice. He got the engine running, took it on a brief ride around our neighborhood and thoroughly enjoyed himself. =)

And then we went inside and I made his favorite cookies (peanut butter no-bakes), and now we're watching Firefly. =) So that's been our day. And I am tuckered out.

No comments:

Copyright 2011
Welcoming Sea Monkey

Powered by
Free Blogger Templates