Sea Monkey: now weighs approximately 3 pounds, 12 ounces, which is roughly the same weight as a jicama. Now. Does anyone actually know what a jicama is?? Because I certainly don't. There's a picture of it on the babycenter size/weight thing, and all I know is that it's a very large and ugly looking thing. But apparently it's just under 4 pounds. Anyway.... Sea Monkey is around 16 inches now. Also, s/he's supposed to gain between 1/3 and 1/2 of his/her birth weight between now and... birth. So we're looking at another 4-ish pounds in the next couple months. Go Sea Monkey!
I: well, I really don't know what to update about myself. Things are the same. I'm tired and I have heartburn (it's 9 AM... and I have heartburn). The update says that since my uterus is putting pressure on my abdomen, I may be experiencing heartburn a little more often. Oh. Really?
My belly is beginning to be taken over by stretch marks. I was very sad when I realized this (I can't actually see them; they're below my belly button, so I only see them in the mirror). It's not like I wasn't expecting it, though; I just hadn't realized how depressing it would be when they finally showed up. Maybe that was just a particularly hormonal moment, because I knew they were coming.
Something else mildly depressing (this is a GREAT post, huh?): I am almost constantly wanting a chocolate shake. BUT if I were to get one, the chocolate would just aggravate the heartburn. So it'd be wonderful while actually eating it.... but then the heartburn would just ruin the chocolatey happiness. Bah.
I feel like I'm getting grumpier (I'm sure you hadn't noticed). Between the very poor sleep I've been getting and the heartburn, I am not exactly a very happy camper right now. I really try to be positive and not complain about the less-than-thrilling parts of pregnancy, because I know lots of women want to be dealing with sleep deprivation and heartburn and various aches and pains, in exchange for being pregnant but just.... can't get pregnant. And I know it can be very painful to read or hear about women who ARE pregnant complaining about it. I remember how sad it made me to hear people complain about being pregnant, when it was the thing I'd been waiting for, praying for, and I spent countless nights crying on Zach about it because it just wasn't happening.
So I try to keep positive about it, and when I do complain, I try to always say something to remind myself that this is soooo worth it. But it's hard. And I still have around 8 weeks to go. That feels both like an enormously long time and "ohmygoodness, there's only 8 weeks left???"
Anyway.... I do believe it is time for a nap. Maybe Mali will snuggle with me (probably not, because she is a snob. What happened to my sweet kitty??).
Belly picture:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Keep pressing on! I'm glad you're being positive! :)
Maybe you could get a chocolate shake drip. Two birds - one stone, I say.
Post a Comment