Boring is good.....
At 32 (and 1/2) weeks, I am measuring just fine, my blood pressure is lovely, I have no swelling, no protein in urine, my weight gain is right on track, and Sea Monkey's heartbeat is great. Haven't had any contractions or any other less than happy symptoms. Val said that she can't improve on me. =) She was really excited that I have stretch marks on my belly now. I think she's weird.
Zach took pictures again, but they are on his phone, which is in his pocket, and he's downstairs being a boy and melting things, so I don't have them right now.
I mentioned my mom's fast labors to Val today, and she was pretty excited for me- that's apparently something that passes down through families (or can pass down, anyway). She said I should call when I think I'm in labor (5 contractions in an hour, I think is what she said), and then she'd come over to our house and see how I'm doing. If it looks like I'm progressing quickly or getting close, then she'll stick around, but if things are going slowly, she may head out and come back a while later- just depends.
At the next appointment, I'll be offered the Group B Strep test. Val said that in the past, they (a general they; not Val specifically) used to test only women who had symptoms. After a massive study, it was found that women who had been screened had better outcomes, but it was such a small percentage that was better having gone through the test that it doesn't make much of a difference. 2 out of 1000 babies actually get infected. She did say that in the event that we have to go to the hospital, the pediatricians are a little more willing to let the baby be released earlier if everything for the test has been done and taken care of, but that's really the only benefit. But we won't be going to the hospital (I'm determined, darn it!), so nothing to worry about. I'm going to look into it more, though.
Also, it's time to write a birth plan. =)
The exciting part about today is that our next appointment (July 27) is at my house! Every other appointment has been at Kim's house, where the midwives are currently running their practice, but this time, they come to me. That means we're getting really, really close! The point of them coming to my house is so that they know how to find my house in the dark and so that we can sort of plan how to set things up for the labor/birth. I'm very excited. =)
That's all. Here's to boring appointments!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment