Thursday, September 23, 2010

Noah is 1 week old!


1 week old and he's cute as can be. =)

Zach and I have both been puked and peed on. We've been well initiated into parenthood now. =)

Yesterday, I had finished nursing Noah and put him up on my shoulder to burp him- he turned his head to me, gave me a big (involuntary) smile, and spit up all down my front. I laughed at him.  =)

Noah's such a good baby. I just can't believe how amazing and wonderful he is. Most of the time during diaper changes, he just stares up at me. Once in a while he'll fuss, but for the most part, he just practices his serious face (he's gotten quite good at making a serious face). He spends most of his awake time doing that.

He's been awake for a lot of the day today. We have a nursery rhyme book from his Grandma Westphal, and I read a few nursery rhymes to him today and showed him the pictures. I know he doesn't care right now (he just looked at me with this really cute confused look on his face while I read them), but someday he'll like it.

Exciting news for today: Noah has a belly button now! =) The cord stump fell off today and I was very pleased to see it go.

Aside from being tired (and a bit sore from nursing, but that's getting better), I'm feeling great. My midwife says I'm still not allowed to do housework, though. Which is ok, I'm happy to spend my days resting and snuggling with my little Sea Monkey. =) Also, I'm 5 pounds away from pre-pregnancy weight. Score!

Our nights are kind of difficult. There have been a few nights where he wants to nurse all night long. It's exhausting. But we've had a few good nights, too, where he gets a 4 hour stretch of sleep in. I like those nights. It's amazing how refreshed I feel after that. I try to sleep when he does during the day, but it doesn't usually go very well. Usually I get him settled and then I lay down and 5 minutes later, he wakes up.

We're slowly adjusting to our new life. It's draining, but Zach and I are both so, so happy to finally have Noah here. =)

I'll add some pictures tomorrow. I'm nursing right now and can't get up to get my camera. =)

(This post has an awful lot of smiley faces.....)

2 comments:

ashley said...

I'm glad Noah is here too..I feel like you've waited for him for a LONG time. I'm excited for when our little one is here too. Less than 8 weeks! nov. 18th @ the same hospital Ella was born at. Come see me if you can?

Renee said...

I LOVE how happy you are.
Your joy radiates, it spread to me tonight!
:D

Copyright 2011
Welcoming Sea Monkey

Powered by
Free Blogger Templates