Today was my first appointment. It wasn't very exciting, we just met with the midwives, went over some paperwork. Zach and I filled out the packet of questions and information and stuff last night, and somewhere in the stack, it said to bring in a list of everything I've eaten in the past 6 days. I could only remember back until Friday, so I had a list of 5 days (is it weird that I remember in detail everything I ate for the past few days?). Anyway, Ivy checked it over, gave me a few suggestions (more protein, and LOTS more food!). Ivy checked my blood pressure (116/68, I have no idea what it means, but Ivy said it couldn't be more perfect!). We met Val, who's an RN and nurse midwife; and she's gong to be our primary midwife. And we set up an actual appointment for next Tuesday at 11. I'm supposed to really increase my protein intake (Ivy gave me a couple print outs on protein-packed foods and good eating habits, etc).
Next week will hopefully have an exciting post. We may try and hear the heartbeat with the doppler; I'll be 9 1/2 weeks then. We'll see. =)
Oh, that's another thing. I mentioned that I was so nervous about another miscarriage, and Ivy told me to just put my feet on the ground, breathe, and think "my body is smart." And it is. My body was made to have a baby. I just need to relax. =)
So I'm really excited for my actual appointment next Tuesday. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This really makes me <3 Ivy! I am so happy you found a practice where you "fit"!
Post a Comment