Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Beginning!

Several months ago, Zach and I were talking about what nickname we would give our next baby. With my first pregnancy, we had decided to call the baby Little One, which would go on to be the child's nickname later on (and then I found out it was an exceedingly common term). Little One went straight to heaven in April 2009, when I was 11 weeks pregnant. So we had been thinking and finally decided on Sea Monkey. I don't know why. I think I suggested it because it made me laugh. And Zach liked it. So Sea Monkey it is.

That was in June 2009. It's now January 2010, and I think, finally, we might get to use that little nickname that made us laugh. We won't be finding out the sex of any of our babies until they're born, and we won't even be deciding on names until we meet them, which is why we needed a nickname.

I'm currently 11 or 12 days late for my period. That's a fairly obvious sign of pregnancy. If I am indeed pregnant, I'm between 5 and 6 weeks.

A brief rundown of my symptoms (both so I have a record for future pregnancies and so you can all feel sorry for me-- kidding!): the late period, my breasts are sore and have been off and on for the last 3 weeks, I'm having random bouts of nausea, I'm going to the bathroom a bit more than normal (I'm also drinking a lot more water, though), I'm super hungry, and I've been falling asleep nearly 2 hours before my normal bedtime. I've also had a cold for the past few days, but I don't think that's symptom related.

There we go. That's the beginning of what will hopefully be a happy, healthy 9 months.

Testing on January 9th (my birthday!). Praying for a big, beautiful positive!!

No comments:

Copyright 2011
Welcoming Sea Monkey

Powered by
Free Blogger Templates