Evidently Sea Monkey has inherited my stubbornness. Oy.
Since our car is (still) broken, Richard and Karen took us. Picked Zach up from work, and I did not fret about the time (the appointment is at 4 and Zach can't get off until then- I hate being late. But Val knows what's going on so it's ok that we're just a couple minutes late).
My blood pressure was good, I did the pee in a cup and dip a stick thing to test for sugars, protein, infections, and a couple other things. All good so far. I found out I have very strong abdominal muscles (yeah!). Val tried the Doppler again for a while and kept hearing Sea Monkey move and kept hearing the heartbeat for a brief moment or two, but Sea Monkey does not want to be heard. Little bugger. Zach said Sea Monkey thinks we're playing hide and seek and is totally winning.
Val wanted to make sure that my uterus is still growing, so she checked that and said that she could feel that it had grown, even through my very strong abdominal muscles (again, yeah!!). So we still don't have a definite read on the heartbeat, but my uterus is growing and Val's not worried (I should add that she said if I was really concerned about it, she could order an ultrasound, but we don't want to have any, so I declined and said something about how knowing that my uterus is growing reassures me). She mentioned that it might just be that I'm not quite as far along as we thought. But we're going to go back in two weeks and check again. If I'm where I thought I was, I'll be close to 16 weeks. If I'm not, then I'll probably be a week behind. Or it might just be that I'm right on target and Sea Monkey is just a little small.
But things are going well and Val's not worried, so I'm not worried. I asked her if there was anything that I could do for the headaches I'm getting frequently and she said it sometimes has to do with sinuses and to try and push more fluids, but sometimes it's because the blood pressure gets a little too low, so try some caffeine.
So that's that. Sea Monkey is a stubborn little wiggly worm.
Not sure if we're announcing today or not... we're thinking on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment