Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I must be the slowest eater ever.

I have a hard time eating certain foods. And it's not because I don't like them, because I do, but it's just hard for me to eat much of them. I get tired of the flavor/texture, I guess.

I woke up a little after 10 this morning and after my usual hour long wake up process, I decided I was ready to eat something. So I went downstairs and decided to try oatmeal. I don't think I've ever liked oatmeal. I was a picky eater when I was younger, and I think oatmeal was just one of those things that I would not eat, unless it was in the form of an oatmeal cookie. But I decided to try it this morning. Added brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon (which is also weird, because I don't like cinnamon either). And I liked it! So I cut up the plum I was planning on having with my breakfast, brought it back upstairs, and over the next 45 minutes, ate my oatmeal. It took 45 minutes to eat half a serving. Seriously. Then it was getting cold, because it was taking me so long to eat it, and I still had half of it left, but I decided to eat my plum. It's now almost 1 PM, and I've been eating breakfast since a little after 11 AM (and now I have half a cup of cold oatmeal to do something with).

I feel like a healthy person though. Look at me, I ate oatmeal and a plum for breakfast! And... I'm thinking about going downstairs to get lunch (leftover chicken and broccoli pasta, and maybe a spinach salad, yum). So... in another two hours, I may be finished with that, too.

And it's the same way with yogurt. I've only ever been able to eat about half of those little yogurt cups in a sitting. I don't know why. If it were chocolate or something, I'd be all over it.

I'm so weird and random.

And that is all I have to say today.

No comments:

Copyright 2011
Welcoming Sea Monkey

Powered by
Free Blogger Templates