Every week I make it in this pregnancy surprises me to no end.
Here's what's happening with Sea Monkey (copied from babycenter):
Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.
5 inches! SM's getting so big. =)
It's been pretty boring lately. I have sporadic maybe-baby movements, but haven't felt any for a few days (which is normal, especially considering I'm not sure if it's Sea Monkey or not). Just a couple more weeks though, and I should be feeling regular stuff. Yay!
I've discovered my tailbone. I knew I had one before this, but now I'm quite aware of it. Apparently I sleep wrong sometimes (or I sit poorly the day before) and wake up with my tailbone hurting. And my back hurts. Woohoo!
I'm thinking of enforcing a strict "no food talk" policy. Nobody can mention food around me, ever ever ever ever. The other day, I saw somebody on facebook talking about potato chips and dip and BANG, I had to have chips and dip.... I don't even like dip?? (I didn't satisfy the craving, though). It's been like that a lot. Somebody mentions some sort of food (hot fudge sundae and McDonald's french fries) and I slip into crazy-hungry-pregnant-lady mode. Rawr. I'm pregnant, feed me.
Oh! That's one of the weird cravings I've had. Chips and dip. Not weird in general, just weird for me because I don't like dip. The other weird (for me) craving is spaghetti sauce. I don't like spaghetti sauce (or most tomato sauces). And especially not the stuff out of the can/jar, because they usually have disgusting chunks of something in them. When I make spaghetti, I make sauce for Zach, because he's a normal person (most of the time) and likes spaghetti sauce. But I make it from tomato paste and it's far superior (...and cheaper) than the premade stuff. And I've wanted to make spaghetti about 5 different times this week, just so I could have spaghetti sauce.
I've had some random kicks of heartburn, but it doesn't bother me too much. I'm waking up 2-3 times a night to go to the bathroom, and I'm dreaming some crazy dreams. There was one dream a few nights ago that would have made a fantastic sci-fi movie. It was weird. Something about dreaming yourself into someone else's personal world (like their dream world, only it was real) and there was this big golden cone that tried to kidnap people if they crossed over or touched a parking line.... It was odd.
There hasn't been much of a change in belly pictures, but I'll post one anyway. I still haven't really gained any weight (still down 8-10 pounds).
....actually, there's no belly picture for today. I took one, but I'm not sure where the cord to connect the camera to the computer is... so belly picture tomorrow! Or later tonight, when Zach gets home and can tell me where he put the cord. Because I didn't see it with the camera... So that's all. Until I find the cord and post a belly picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Carrots, celery, spinach, and cabbage. I figured I'd help you out with healthy cravings! Better? :)
That's exactly how I was!! Whenever anyone mentioned food I had to have it! And since I was sooo sick all the time, My doc suggested that I try eating what my body was telling me to eat. Didn't help much but you know :)
Post a Comment