I'm so excited for spring. It's one of my favorite seasons. It's just so refreshing to see all the green after seeing months of brown grass and bare trees. And flowers! I love them. And thankfully I don't have allergies (just airborne dust and amoxicillan).
So I've had some energy lately. And since I'm thrilled that spring is going to be coming soon, I started my spring cleaning. Monday I cleaned the living room and kitchen. Vacuumed, swept, mopped, dusted, washed all of the counters, wiped down the microwave and stove. I had planned on taking all of the things out of the irresponsibly designed cabinet (you have to literally stick your head in to be able to reach the stuff in the back) and reorganize them, but I didn't have time to do that.
Then yesterday and today I've been (slowly) tidying up our bedroom. Put away a bunch of laundry, picked up some of the clutter that seems to gravitate toward the corners and surfaces of dressers and stuff. And in a little while, I'll be dragging my nightstand over to Zach's side of the bed and dragging his over to my side (they're both pretty light). I'm going to have to start sleeping on my left side soon. Right now, I'm on the right side of the bed and Zach's on the left. I have to fall asleep facing away from him. I don't know why, I just can't get to sleep if I'm facing him- I think it has something to do with how I like my legs when I fall asleep (one under the blankets, one out, and I can't do that properly if I'm facing him). So we'll be switching sides soon so I'll be able to do my weird leg thing and fall asleep on my left side, so Sea Monkey gets the optimum blood flow. I don't think it matters too much yet, since Sea Monkey is still really tiny, but we'll be ready for it when it is important. So I've been preparing for that. And I just figured I'm going to be on that side for the next 6 months and it'd be really annoying to have to walk to the other side of the room just to get my chapstick out of my nightstand drawer. So that's that.
Also, our power went out about a month ago for some reason or another that was probably winter related. I still haven't reset the time on my alarm clock. I use my phone alarm, and I always have a watch on, so it's not a big deal, but seriously. How lazy am I? Yeesh.
And another car update: buh. I can't stand cars sometimes. Particularly when they don't work and we really, really need them to. It didn't start again Monday morning. So Monday evening, Zach hooked our car up to Richard's car with jumper cables, and still no starty. And it's Wednesday and we still haven't gotten the stupid thing to start. We're thinking it's a spark plug problem (I don't know why; the boys came in and said that's what it might be)? And it's cheap enough to fix spark plugs, only a couple bucks per plug or something, but the brilliant designers of our car decided to put some of the plugs in the front and some behind the engine. Pfft. Who does that? (I don't care if there's a logical reason for this, I'm convinced cars are stupid). So we could easily fix the couple in the front, but we'd have to get it towed (or started, somehow) to a mechanic to fix the plugs behind the engine. Bah! I personally think we just need to glare at the car until it feels uncomfortable enough at the persistent glaring that it submits. Take that, you stupid machine! In heidi-land, that would work. If something's not working, just glare at it, or say something threatening like "if you don't start working in two minutes, I'm going to beat you with a sledgehammer." And things would never fall. If I ever drop anything, I yell at it to stop or be quiet. Heidi-land would be a magical (...random) place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment