Friday, February 26, 2010

13 (....) weeks

So, um.... the second trimester business. Depending on who you talk to, it starts at different weeks. Some places will tell you it starts at 12 weeks, most, I think, say 13, and some say "haha, suckah!! it starts at 14 weeks!" Well, maybe not. But I feel cheated when BabyCenter has week 13 included in the first trimester stuff. And that's just because the actual 1/3 of the 40 weeks (or so) of pregnancy is 13 weeks, 3 days. Which means if you want to be really technical with it all and have it evenly divided, T2 starts on Monday for me. But... I'm just going to say it starts today. Because whoah. Second Trimester. It deserves to be in caps.

(Although it does confuse me that T3 starts at 28 weeks. That's only 12 weeks until you hit the 40 week mark. Going by the 13 weeks 3 days thing, it should start at 26 weeks, 6 days [and then you end up with 40 weeks 2 days of pregnancy]. Who decided to divide it up like this??)

Rambling aside, here's what's going on with Sea Monkey. S/he is 3. Whole. Inches. (In a few weeks, I'm going to look back at that and laugh). S/he weighs about an ounce. Go Sea Monkey! Also has fingerprints and the rest of his/her body is starting to catch up with his/her enormous head. And this part is from Alpha Mom: "Has intestines on the INSIDE of his or her body. (They start developing outside the body, in the umbilical cord, and then sort of...migrate up to their proper home around 13 weeks. I know. Biology is WEIRD, dude.)"

So there you go. I haven't been nauseous much. I think the last time I felt nauseous was Monday, and that was because I got all excited to do some cleaning and forgot to eat breakfast. I totally fail at the eating part of pregnancy. My midwife said to eat 6 small-ish meals a day, and most things say I need an extra 300 calories a day. .........uhm. Well, I don't normally eat that much. I do, however, get right about the amount of protein they told me I need every day (80 grams). I'm just not gaining weight. But that's not really a big deal yet. Later on, I'll need to really make sure I'm taking in as much food as I need, but for now, I'm just eating when I'm hungry and making sure to get as much protein/calcium/iron as I need.

I've officially started (not) sleeping on my left side. And by that I mean I'm laying awake on my left side for half the night before giving in and rolling onto my back and staying in a half-asleep mode and rolling back onto my side. Sleep has not been my friend lately. Stupid sleep. And stupid waking up to pee at least twice a night. And then taking half an hour or more to fall back asleep. I kept track this morning on the second bathroom break. I woke up just before 5, went to the bathroom, laid back down, closed my eyes and just waited for sleep to find me again. Waited, waited, waited. Turned the little light on my watch on, it was 5:20. Sighed, rolled around a bit, trying to get comfortable. I eventually fell asleep again, because I remember waking up when Zach was getting ready for work. But yeah. It took forever. Frustrations abound.

However, being in trimester two is REALLY exciting. Every time I think about it, the only response that comes to mind is a sound that reminds me of a whale.... Which.... is odd.

No comments:

Copyright 2011
Welcoming Sea Monkey

Powered by
Free Blogger Templates