Friday, February 5, 2010

Today's a toofer!!

Toofer. Two-for-one. Like 30 Rock. Only less funny.

I just wanted to ramble a bit (because that's what I do on the computer) about what's gone on after I typed up my first blog post of the day. I think I've discovered that if I don't get a full 10 hours of sleep over night, I feel really nauseous. So today when I woke up after only 7 1/2 hours of sleep, I felt sick. Had a hard time eating lunch, too. I'm ok with it. Makes me feel better when I'm not nauseous, since I get enough sleep most nights.

Anyway, Zach took me to the clinic for my blood draw. Bleh. It went fine. I don't have an aversion to needles or blood or anything, I just don't like it because I get really lightheaded after giving blood. But we got there and all checked in. Nurse took us back, I sat down, and she sanitized my arm. It startled me when the nurse put the needle in my arm, but that was mostly because I wasn't looking. Both times I've given blood before, I've been really close to passing out after I was done (one time they had to lay me down on the floor and put ice packs on me because I was about 2 seconds away from blacking out and falling off the bench at the refreshment table). I was expecting that. It was uncomfortable, but Zach was there, holding my hand the whole time (he's such a good husband). And not one bit of wooziness. Yay!

So that happened several hours ago, and I just took off the tape and gauze. And I have a big bruise. Which apparently means I didn't apply pressure long enough to allow it to clot and it just pooled out a bit... Oh well. I think bruises are fun. I don't go out of my way to get them or anything, they seem to just seek me out. Ah, well. Life as a clumsy person.

1 comment:

cheryllookingforward said...

I cannot watch my blood being taken. Ugh.

In toher news: I went to high school with Toofer from 30 rock. We ate lunch together. He was a lot of fun.

Copyright 2011
Welcoming Sea Monkey

Powered by
Free Blogger Templates