Speaking of movement, sometimes I really feel like I've felt something, but it's too quick/light to figure out if it was anything or not. I know some women feel stuff at 15 weeks, but I'm not really expecting to feel it (for sure) yet. Especially since I'm not that thin to begin with (blah).
Sleeping wise, I've been spending about half the night on my left side and the other half on my back. I woke up this morning to a very sore shoulder, which was unfortunate. In a few weeks, it won't be a good idea for me to sleep on my back anymore, so after Zach left for work, I decided to practice and stole his pillow (not really, he gives his pillow to me in the mornings to snuggle with, since he's gone) and propped myself up on it so I wasn't laying directly on my back. I think it was comfortable?
Food wise... haha, I feel like I'm a healthy eater now. It's really funny. For dinner last night, we had chicken marinated in Italian dressing with pasta and green beans. It was delicious (even though I apparently was waaaaaaaay off in timing it and the chicken wasn't done when I thought it would be.... So we ended up eating the pasta and green beans first and the chicken later. But it makes me really excited when I look at my plate and see vegetables and meat and stuff. I don't know why, but when we lived in Moberly, it never occurred to me to buy vegetables. I bought corn fairly frequently for chili, but corn's a grain. I think I bought broccoli 3 times in the year we were there? I was just completely oblivious to the fact that vegetables existed.
It's really funny that I feel like a healthy eater, especially since most of the foods that sound amazing are junk food. M&M's, Butterfinger, Caramello, Whatchamacallit, the chocolate Cadbury eggs, KitKat, brownie sundae..... and Sour Patch Kids and Sour Punch Straws.... mmm. Yes, I'm a very healthy eater (eye roll).
I guess I'm still technically a healthy eater, since I haven't actually had any of those things. I'd like to applaud myself for having wonderful self restraint, but I haven't had any of those things because we haven't had a car with which to go buy them.
Which reminds me, we'll have a car again today!!! YAY!!!
(And a lovely bill for the work, parts, and towing....but who wants to think about that??)
I decided I'd start posting belly pictures.... I've been taking them weekly, there just hadn't been much to show. Until a few days ago, when my stomach kind of just exploded. So I'll post one today, for you family members who are far away (....which is just about everyone). =)
Now, for reference, here's one of the first belly pictures I took, at 9 weeks (late January).
Not too interesting (aside from the fact that my shirt was turned up and the knife that's hanging on the wall).
Here's today's (as in... 10 minutes ago).
holycraaaaaaap! (That is said in a StrongBad voice.) I know it's 6 weeks of difference, but it literally ballooned out under my ribs just a couple days ago. Last Friday's picture looks a lot like week 9's, except the fluff under my belly button was protruding more. Now it's all like... BIG.
I haven't gained any weight yet (I'm actually down 10 pounds), so it's all baby/things being jumbled around.
So. There you go. =)

7 comments:
Wow Heidi! There is a baby in there! lol. Your little belly is sooooo cute! I love your updates. When is the next midwife appointment?
Next appointment is Tuesday. =) I'm excited! Hopefully we'll finally be able to hear Sea Monkey...
The belly progression is amazing...the only thing I'd suggest is picking a spot and taking the pic the same place! But the side views make it easy no matter where you are....Enjoying this journey with you, but not enjoying the challenging parts that you'll have to endure...just remember, the joys and JOURNEY make it all worthwhile later and you both will enjoy re-living THOSE parts... Love and hugs, Gpa Hammer
The past few weeks I've been taking them in the same spot in the bathroom(or as close as possible). Just hadn't thought about it in the first couple weeks. =)
I am sooo happy that you are blogging this. I wish I had though to do this when I was preggers with Mason. I am totally going to obsessively check this to get my Heidi/baby updates!! :) Congrats Mama!
You are amazing, Heidi! I just read this entire blog and I think every paragraph made me laugh at least once (and, since this is all about entertaining ME, good job!). ;)
Anyway very excited for you! Can't wait to see you this summer!
Renee
Keep the blogging and pictures coming! We are soooooo excited!
Grandma Hammer
Post a Comment