Begins in 1 hour....
(I'm such a tease)
Alright! Back from the appointment. It went well. Basically Val asked questions about my medical history and all that sort of thing. Then she did a breast exam and pap smear (and I felt incredibly awkward). She said everything looked great, there was no sign of blood around my cervix, which is awesome.
She also checked to see where my uterus was positioned and if it was where it should be for being almost 10 weeks, and it was! She tried to find the heartbeat with a doppler, but she wasn't able to pick it up. She did say that since my uterus was great (it's starting to peek up over my pubic bone; I can feel it sometimes) and that there was no sign of blood near my cervix that things were probably just fine, but we're going to go back in 2 weeks (I'll be almost 12 weeks) to try again.
Before that appointment, I have to go have some bloodwork to check for antibodies, since my blood type is O- and Zach's is positive. I didn't have the Rhogam shot after my miscarriage (we were pretty caught up in grieving and didn't even think about needing the shot), but Val said we probably didn't have anything to worry about, since the baby most likely never got to the point where s/he had any blood to mix with mine. That's what I've thought too; when I was miscarrying, we never saw anything even remotely close to what the baby should have looked like at 11 weeks. It should have been over an inch big, and we never saw anything that big. And it's good to hear that Val also thought we lost that baby early and it just took a while to realize it.
So a good appointment. I'm trying to not worry about not hearing the heartbeat, especially since my uterus is the size it should be. That's keeping me sane for now. =)
Oh, and something non-baby related that's pretty awesome- our bathroom scale is off by about 15 pounds!!!! I hopped on it this morning, and it said one weight that I was not pleased with, then when I got to my appointment and hopped on it there, it said a weight that was 15 pounds less than what it read at home. I think it's very unlikely that I could have lost 15 pounds in under an hour. But I hopped back on it at home and it said the same weight it did earlier- so apparently I weigh 15 pounds less than I thought I did! Which is excellent. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yay! So happy for a good appointment. I say, if she's not worried then you shouldn't be! I am going to link the ladies here so they can get an update.
Hooray for a wonderful appointment. I wish you had been able to hear the heartbeat, but she's right - 10 weeks is early to pick that up. I'll be counting down to the next one!
Continuing to pray, can't wait to share the news!
Post a Comment